From: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ken Harrison
Sent: February 17, 2021 2:18 PM
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: [Islay] Kildalton baptism 1796 - Duncan McNABB

My tree has shown for several decades that my 3xgr-grandfather was Duncan McNABB, born in Kildalton (Oa) and baptized there 3 Sep 1796.  His name and approximate birth info came to me over 50 years ago from other descendants in Ontario who had maintained knowledge of their Islay roots.  I subsequently found data in Ted Larsen's transcript indicating the baptism shown above (3 Sep 1796, Glenastle).  Later, I found in FamilySearch the same data, indicating that it came from FHL film 1041079.

Finally, yesterday I got a copy of the Kildalton baptisms for 1796 (from that FHL film) and there is no sign of Duncan (or any other McNABB!)

Any advice on this OPR?  Is there perhaps a different version of this register?
The one I have is unusually neat and may be a clean copy, similar to the Bishop's Transcripts in England.
The page has no parish name at the top, but has volume 539/1 indicated.  Was I sent to the wrong OPR?

Does anyone else have this Duncan McNABB (married 1816 to Grace McVORAN or MORRISON) in their data?

Ken Harrison