McEwan - 1881 Census location

jkath@...

Hi

I’m hoping for some help in finding a location listed in the 1881 Census for William McEwan and his wife Catherine (nee Niven/McNiven). The address listed on the 1881 transcription on Ancestry has the address as Goirteau Cottar'S Ho. I’ve tried looking at the ordnance survey maps via the National Library of Scotland website but I’m not having much luck. I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance

Jessica

William McEwan

 in the 1881 Scotland Census

Name:

William McEwan

Age:

67

Estimated Birth Year:

abt 1814

Relationship:

Head

Spouse's name :

Catherine McEwan

Gender:

Male

Where born:

Kilchoman G, Argyle

Registration Number:

540

Registration District:

Kilchoman

Civil Parish:

Kilchoman

County:

Argyll

Address:

Goirteau Cottar'S Ho

Occupation:

Ag. Lab.

ED:

7

Household Schedule Number:

5

Line:

10

Roll:

cssct1881_156

Household Members:

Name

Age

William McEwan

67

Catherine McEwan

66

Margret McEwan

34

Source Citation

Parish: Kilchoman; ED: 7; Page: 1; Line: 10; Roll: cssct1881_156

Source Information

Ancestry.com. 1881 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007.