Re: Currie / McVurich - please help

What can work is *writing it up!* Look at a family, or a person, note carefully the records and if you want more people to read your post -- include some images. You can screenshot some records so that only the part pertaining to your family or person is shown. Introduce the person/family, summarize the facts and supporting evidence, and explain why your ancestor is not the same person as someone with the same name in the neighboring town/county/state, or whatever the wrong "facts" are being stated without evidence.

You don't need a website -- there are lots of places to post your proof statement. Your genealogy society might have a blog, or journal, or maybe it's easiest to just start up a free blog and do it there. Blogger and Wordpress are both free and easy to set up. Mine is at https://genweblog.blogspot.com/. I still get contacts from cousins from old posts! Some people even write short posts on Twitter!

Valorie

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 1:12 PM Embleton House <ehouse@...> wrote:

I agree years ago in ignorance I took a lot of family records as gospel until I started searching around. I think s lot of others did as well. Unfortunately those files that were posted cannot be changed now as far as I know.

Faith

Embleton House B&B

Licence # 009-002809

5203 52 Street

Yellowknife, NT.

Canada, X1A 1T8

Ph: 1-867-873-2892 Ext: 0

Ph: Toll free in North America: 1-888-909-5203

Fax: 1-867-873-4927