Re: Continued Currie Family research

Lynn Seamark

YES – our DNA matches as a 5-8th cousin!! Our shared matches include descendants  of Gilbert & Margaret McArthur Currie’s son Neil b 1811. I descend from son Peter b. 1814

Lynn

From: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Flora MacAffer via groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2021 12:56 PM
To: Islay@scotland-genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Islay] Continued Currie Family research

Lynn, Edward Currie and Barbara McLellan are my husband Calum’s 2x great grandparents.   Edward’s parents were Dugald Currie and Margaret McKay.

I believe you are a dna match with Calum on Ancestry.   He is on there as Malcolm MacAffer.

Flora

On 25 Jan 2021, at 16:41, Lynn Seamark <lmseamark@...> wrote:

Since we have had Curries as a subject lately - Below are the transcribed Kilchoman marriages for Currie (men). I have claimed the couples of  Duncan Currie /Janet McNiven, Hugh Currie / Mary Bell,  Malcolm Currie/ Catherine McCannell, Neil Currie/Christena McNiven and Peter Currie/Jean McNiven - as sons of Gilbert Currie and Margaret McArthur. Some of them I have proof and some I don't. I have found trees on ancestry that vary from my choices.

My question is - Has anyone on this list claimed any of these couples as belonging to their ancestor line or knowledge of the Currie parents?  Thanks, Lynn

CURRIE

ALEXANDER

MCEACHERN

MARY