Re: Continued Currie Family research

Flora MacAffer

Lynn, Edward Currie and Barbara McLellan are my husband Calum’s 2x great grandparents.   Edward’s parents were Dugald Currie and Margaret McKay.
I believe you are a dna match with Calum on Ancestry.   He is on there as Malcolm MacAffer.
Flora

On 25 Jan 2021, at 16:41, Lynn Seamark <lmseamark@...> wrote:

Since we have had Curries as a subject lately - Below are the transcribed Kilchoman marriages for Currie (men). I have claimed the couples of  Duncan Currie /Janet McNiven, Hugh Currie / Mary Bell,  Malcolm Currie/ Catherine McCannell, Neil Currie/Christena McNiven and Peter Currie/Jean McNiven - as sons of Gilbert Currie and Margaret McArthur. Some of them I have proof and some I don't. I have found trees on ancestry that vary from my choices.

My question is - Has anyone on this list claimed any of these couples as belonging to their ancestor line or knowledge of the Currie parents?  Thanks, Lynn

CURRIE ALEXANDER MCEACHERN MARY 16 Mar 1830 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE ARCHIBALD DOUGLAS MARY 9 Feb 1830 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE ARCHIBALD FERGUSON BARBARA 19 Mar 1827 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE DONALD MCLELLAN MARGARET 7 Mar 1845 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE DUGALD MCARTHUR ISABELLA 22 Nov 1831 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE DUGALD MCLELLAN FLORY 13 Mar 1827 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE DUNCAN CURRIE MARY 8 Jun 1854 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE DUNCAN MCNIVEN JANET 11 Mar 1834 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE DUNCAN MCTAGGART MARY 8 Mar 1830 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE EDWARD MCLELLAN BARBARA 8 Apr 1828 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE HUGH BELL MARY 13 Mar 1832 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE HUGH DOUGLAS CATHERINE 9 Feb 1830 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE HUGH MCLERGAN ANN 3 Feb 1853 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE JOHN BELL MARY 5 Mar 1833 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE JOHN BOWIE MARY 19 Apr 1836 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE JOHN CARMICHAEL JANET 15 Mar 1824 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE JOHN MCNIVEN FLORY 3 Feb 1824 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE JOHN MCQUEAN FLORY 23 Jan 1833 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE LAUCHLIN MCQUARRIE ANN 4 Feb 1840 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE MALCOLM MCCANNELL CATHARINE 29 Apr 1823 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE MALCOLM MCDONALD EFFY 4 Mar 1834 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE NEIL JOHNSON ISABELLA 23 May 1825 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE NEIL MCLERGAN MARRION 4 Feb 1845 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE NEIL MCNIVEN CHRISTIAN 12 Dec 1848 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland
CURRIE PETER MCNIVEN JEAN 22 Dec 1846 Kilchoman Argyll Scotland