Re: Roll Call ?

Cheryl Cockburn-Wootten <cheryl.cockburn-wootten@...>

Dear All,
My link with Islay - my great grandmother and the main family name I am following is Campbell (they sometimes listed on their certificates that they were Campbell (McIvor)) - I'm not sure why or the significance of this and any information would be interesting thank you :-)

Great grandmother was Margaret Campbell B:Jan 1974 Bowmore Islay M: George McLean Stewart (non Islay person)  D: Feb 1931 Larkhall Glasgow
Her parents (both from Islay my G G grandparents) were: Duncan Campbell B: 1831 D: 1910 and Marion McKay B: 1837 D: 1885
GGG Grandparents Archibald Campbell B: 1771 Islay D: abt 1850 and Mary McIntyre B: about 1773 D: ?
GGG Grandparents McKay side - Hugh Mckay b: 1815 D: 1885 and Janet Johnstone B: 1817 D: 1885

My sister and I have both completed our DNA via Ancestry we were both born in Glasgow but moved to NZ in our late 20's.
We've made connections with our Australian Campbell's cousins. And my gran had a photo (from her mum) of their father - which we now have (they have a copy and had sent it to either my great granny Margraet or her family in Islay).

We are looking forward to finding more connections.

Cheers,
Cheryl :-)

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 at 19:41, Diane Rogers <diane_rogers@...> wrote:

Hi, everyone.

There are now 177 of us here. Would you like to start a roll call? Just the Islay people's names and places you are interested in.

I am thinking we can also build up a database for the people we are researching.

We can post images too - however - there is an overall size limit for images on free lists here. So be cautious and resize them, please.  I would love to see photos of those we know came from Islay, if we have them.

Dr Cheryl Cockburn-Wootten
Director of Teaching & Learning

Waikato Management School
University of Waikato
Hamilton, NZ

Office: MSB.4.35F
Ph: +64 7 8384466 Ext: 9252

Co-facilitator with Professor Alison McIntosh (at AUT, NZ) of the Network for Community Hospitality
FB: Network for Community Hospitality: Eat, drink and be happy