Re: Curries of Islay

Helen Hall

While the topic on the Curries is hot thought I would like to put in my interest in the Curries .

Dugald Currie b abt 1807 , Kildalton and wife Jane Buie b abt 1811 , Jura  .

Daughters Flora and Isabella emigrated to New Zealand, then Dugald , Jane , Alexander and Margaret arrived New Zealand 1877.

Eldest son John died Islay 1874 .

Mystery is a son Donald died in Invercargill , New Zealand  22 April  1917

Notes from death certificate

death certificate  1917/1733.

Donald married in America at the age of 26 yrs. His wife was Christina Morrison (surname hard to read)

and she  was deceased at the time of his death . He had been in New Zealand 4 yrs .Said to have 6 children living in America. Informant John Fraser, Undertaker

His birth date was taken from the 1860 Census listed as being 15 yrs.

His age at death was given as 58 yrs making his birth date 1859.

Look forward to any information.

Helen Hall