From: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> on behalf of Glynn Currie <glynn.currie@...>
Sent: 21 January 2021 21:40
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Islay] McFadyens of Bowmore, Islay

Flora,
Your message clicks with me as well. My grandmother was born on Shore Street in Bowmore as well. I see that you are a current resident of the town and so might have an answer to my query.
My grand mother was Flora McDiarmid (b. 1883 on Shore Street, Bowmore - 1960 in Saskatchewan, Canada). Her parents were Archibald McDiarmid and Agnes MacDonald. I have found the Valuation Rolls for 1885 and 1895 showing that Archibald McDiarmid was a tenant of a building on Shore Street.
I would like to be able to identify the building in which Gramma was born. Would you be able to suggest a way to connect the Valuation Roll to a current address?
Thanks for any help you are able to provide.
Glynn Currie
Vancouver Island, Canada

Sent from my Galaxy