McFadyens of Bowmore, Islay

Philip Hubsmith

Hi all / Roger McWee / Russ McGilvary,

Roger was a great help to me with my McFadyen family research a year ago, unfortunately I let the trail go cold and did not follow up – I would like to try and progress once again

Roger advised me of an inscription at Bowmore Church Graveyard of my GG Grandparents, Angus and Ann McFadyen. I also understand that Roger has recorded and photographed all visible Islay gravestones including Bowmore

Is there somewhere I can view the Islay gravestones/photos including Angus and Ann’s?

Full Inscription: In loving memory of Donald McFadyen, Postmaster Bowmore who died 26th March 1899 aged 66, his wife Euphemia Morrison who died 24th January 1885 aged 55 years, his father Angus McFadyen who died 8th July ____? aged 60 years and his mother Ann McGilvary who died 19th March 1874 aged 80 years, his daughter Ann who died 7th November 1962 aged 66 years

Further ancestors of interest are: -

GG Grandparents: John Morrison B 1791 D 29.10.1875 aged 67 also buried at Bowmore Churchyard and spouse Margaret McEwan B 1801

Parents of above John Morrison: Hugh Morrison B 1775 and Mary Morrison B 1786

If anyone can give me a link to the Islay gravestones/photos, that would be great

Any help would be appreciated – thank-you!

Philip Hubsmith, Erskine, Scotland