Re: Currie / McVurich - please help

Anne Goeden

Hi Janice:

Has Wayne done his DNA test yet?  I'm always looking for my connection to Curries.  My ggg grandmother was Mary Currie (1794-1877) and her brother Donald Currie ( 1806-1877).  Still looking for their parents and siblings.  We believe their mother was a Sinclair.

Maybe we can find a relative in common.

Anne Goeden

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 4:08 PM Sharee Hughes <shareehughes1@...> wrote:
Janice, if you look up Clan currie online, you can find out lots of info about the clan's origins.

Sharee

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 9:55 AM Janice McClelland <jan.mcclelland888@...> wrote:
Thank you, Sharee! The article Glynn shared mentions the anglicization of Scottish surnames in the 18th century. With Donald born abt 1760 that is a perfect fit. And thank you, Glynn, for the link to the article - a really interesting read. I've added Ivar to the tree and put this link on his page as well as Donald's. Excellent verification.

Thanks so much to both of you~
Jan