From: Janice McClelland
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 8:23 AM
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: [Islay] Currie / McVurich - please help

Hi All - Wayne's 4x ggf is Donald Currie 1760-1840, Bowmore. Ancestry says that Donald's father was Ivar Currie McVurich, based on info from 17 family trees but few records. I have yet to add Ivar to the tree as I don't understand the Currie/McVurich name combo/change & haven't found an explanation or records that clearly state the situation that make me confident Ivar is my guy. Hoping Wayne's Currie cousins can shed some light on this for me.

Kind regards,
Jan McClelland