Valuation Rolls

Glynn Currie

Thanks to John Klemplen's help I was able to find the valuation rolls for my great grandfather, Archibald McDiarmid, in Bowmore, Islay. It affirms that he lived on Shore Street which is the street mentioned on my Grandmother's birth certificate. If anyone is willing, I would like a lesson on reading the roll. Some things I can guess, but guessing is not as good as learning from a knowledgeable person. If anyone is willing to take the time I would appreciate hearing what you have to say about this particular document.
Thanks,