From: L MOON <moonjett@...>
Date: 2021-01-03 15:40 (GMT-08:00)
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Islay] Islay Searchers' List

Hi Glynn

My Gr-grandfather was Archibald CURRIE who married Flora GALBRAITH on 7 March 1871 in Oro, Simcoe County, ONTARIO.  The marriage reg says he was 30 [b~1841], born on Islay and his parents were James and Lizzie CURRIE.    We have not been able to find any evidence of him in Scotland, or of his parents.  The 1901 Ontario Census shows Archie’s immigration year as 1865.  I have found an 1866 passenger list that includes A CURRIE age 25 single male arriving in Quebec in June – possibly him.

I have two DNA Matches 117cm and 125cM, who are cousins known to one another.   I have found their gr-gr-grandmother Mary CURRIE.  On her 1860 Ontario marriage reg to John POLLOCK it shows she was born 1841 on Islay, and her parents are shown as James CURRIE and Eliza LYNCH.   The 1901 Tosorontio, Simcoe County, Ontario census gives Mary's immigration year as 1847 when she was only ~6 yrs old.  I can’t find James CURRIE or Eliza LYNCH on Scotland’s People.

This Mary CURRIE, it says, was born about 1841 on Islay, as was my Archibald CURRIE.  They could have the same parents.  Somehow I, and some cousins, have a DNA connection to the two Matches mentioned above.

Our brick wall.

We sure would be pleased to hear of any clues that you might have to further this search.

Lois

Sent from Mail for Windows 10