Re: Roll Call ?

mjmonty@...

Hello Islay cousins! My name is Michael Jeffrey Montgomery and I am interested in my Montgomery ancestors who lived on Islay for about 5 generations until they moved to Canada in 1842. My 3rd great grandfather George Montgomery founded the original Octomore Distillery outside Port Charlotte on his father John's farm of the same name. My family is deeply entangled with the Campbell's, McAllister's, Currie's, McVorren (Morrison) and McDermit's. I'm on wikitree (https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Montgomery-8781), Ancestry and recently became a co-administrator of the Montgomery family group page on FTDNA. My Y (male line) Haplogroup is J2 (J-M172, J-L26) and my Gedmatch ID is T182699. My brick wall for the last few years is trying to figure out how the Montgomery family came to live on Islay when we appear to be descended from the Ancient Montgomery clan in Easglesham, Renfrewshire, Scotland. Any help or information on any of this would be greatly appreciated.

From: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> on behalf of Diane Rogers <diane_rogers@...>
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 6:41 AM
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io>
Subject: [Islay] Roll Call ?

Hi, everyone.

There are now 177 of us here. Would you like to start a roll call? Just the Islay people's names and places you are interested in.

I am thinking we can also build up a database for the people we are researching.

We can post images too - however - there is an overall size limit for images on free lists here. So be cautious and resize them, please.  I would love to see photos of those we know came from Islay, if we have them.