Re: Roll Call ?

heather beausoleil

Hi,
My Islay connections are:

Archibald McIntyre(1795 -1867) md. Catherine McEachern (1801-1876) lived in Kilchoman. He worked as a miller.  Immigrated about 1855 to Oro Township, Simcoe County, Ontario.

Edward Turner (1800-1872) md. Isobella Campbell( 1805-1885) children born in Kilmeny. Immigrated to Oro Township, Simcoe County 1832.

Hugh Campbell (1825- 1904) md. 1851 Rachel McLeod ( McCuaig). Hugh was from Scarabus and worked as a tailor. Hugh’s mother may have been a Sinclair. Rachel may have been from Port Ellen. They lived in Kildalton before immigrating to Victoria County, Ontario @ 1866 later to Oro, Township, Simcoe County, Ontario.

Thanks,
Heather Campbell Beausoleil

Hi, everyone.

There are now 177 of us here. Would you like to start a roll call? Just the Islay people's names and places you are interested in.

I am thinking we can also build up a database for the people we are researching.

We can post images too - however - there is an overall size limit for images on free lists here. So be cautious and resize them, please.  I would love to see photos of those we know came from Islay, if we have them.

Diane ._,_._,_