Poor house later called Gortonvoggie

Anne Goeden

Hello:

I've found a reference on My Heritage to the deaths of Donald Currie who died just before 1851 in this poorhouse and his wife Catharine Sinclair who passed away shortly after.

I and my cousins are matching via DNA to some of the descendants of Alexander Currie 1798-1866 (son of the above couple)

I'm trying to figure out if my ggg grandmother Mary Currie 1794-1877 and her brother Donald Currie 1806-1877 were siblings of Alexander.  We believe the mother of Mary and Donald was a Sinclair.  If they weren't siblings  they might have been first cousins.

Anyway, would the death records for the poorhouse (c 1850/51) be in the parish records? or was there a separate register at the poorhouse? Also might there be any poorhouse admission records that might shed light on this couple? ( who could be my gggg grandparents)

Thanks for any help.

Anne Goeden