Re: Minister William Campbell (1853-1893) for the Established Free Church of Scotland, Kildalton Parish

Cas Houston <cmcfhouston@...>

Sorry, I made an mistake,

Colin Islay Campbell was born in Bowmore in 1885 not 1884.

Regards

Charles Houston

============

On 18-Oct-20 12:02 PM, Chas Houston wrote:

A William Campbell, a minister boarding at Newton Cottage, Bowmore in 1881 was born in Dalavich on loch Fyne and is most likely the son on Donald Campbell and Catherine Bell. His birth was registered at Inverary on the 5th October 1852 which would make him age 28 as shown in the April 1881 Census.

A William Campbell married a Jessie Sinclair in Wick in 1884 the same year Colin Islay Campbell was born in Bowmore.

Regards

Charles Houston

On 16-Oct-20 6:34 PM, elizbethann@... wrote:
Minister William Campbell of Kildalton Parish was my great, great grandfather. The information that I have is as follows:
William Campbell (1853-1893) married Jessie Sinclair (1849-1888). Following her death he emigrated to Babinda, Queensland, Australia with their children Colin Islay Campbell (1886-29/12/1970) and Christina Campbell (1884)
Colin Islay married Alison May Crocker. My grandfather was their eldest son Alexander "Sandy" Colin Campbell (1917-1969), Colin William, Ian 'Dooky" Donald, Heather Alison (1920 - 2008).
Alexander Colin Campbell married first wife Krithia and had one son Alexander Campbell. With his second wife Betty Patricia Kelly (1930-2011) had Ian Alexander Campbell (1955), Bruce (1957), Julie Elizabeth, Patricia Alison.
My father Ian Alexander married Rosemary Jane Diamond (1954). Daughters Elizbeth Ann (1973), Samantha Jane (1975), Rebecca Lyn (1978).

I found a possible entry that William Campbell's parents were Donald Campbell (1795) and Mary McNiven (1821) and that Donald had a brother Malcom Campbell (1855).

Any assistance on tracing Minister William Campbell's or his wife's parents will be truly appreciated.
Elizbeth Ann Campbell