Re: Roll Call ?

Rebecca Campbell

Hello Everyone,

My last direct ancestors to raise their families on Islay were:

  1. William Campbell born Abt. 1775 (parents and siblings unknown) and Elizabeth Graham born Abt. 1781 (parents and siblings unknown) married 1801 and had 14 children between Ballyvicker and Taycarmagan in Kildalton. Of their 14 children (Mary, Archibald, Anne, Unknown, Hector, Margaret, John, James, William, Elizabeth, Isabel, Robert and Janet) I know that at minimum Margaret, William, John, Elizabeth, Isabel and Janet all ended up in Canada along with their mother Elizabeth Graham.
  2. Gilbert McTaggart (Malcolm McTaggart and Mary McAlpine) from Kilchoman married Mary McNabb (Peter McNabb and Mary Campbell of Lurabus, Kildalton) married Abt. 1820. They had 8 children (Flora, Peter, Malcolm, Angus, Mary, Catherine, Margaret and Unknown Son), only 5 reached adulthood with Mary and Catherine going to Canada and the rest (Flora, Angus and Margaret) remaining on Islay.
Hopefully something of this is familiar to someone out there.

Rebecca