From: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io [mailto:Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sue Visser
Sent: Sunday, October 11, 2020 9:09 AM
To: GEN LIST - ISLAY
Subject: [Islay] heads up - informative Scottish conference online right now

Hi all

Yesterday I was getting ready to watch a webinar about Scottish Wills when I discovered there was a Scottish conference happening right then.  I started watching and it was excellent and had to make the choice so didn’t see the other webinar.  What is so great now is that you too can watch the whole presentation online – but just for a very short time!

If like us, your Thanksgiving (in Canada!) is without your family physically with you, here’s something to help chase the blues away.

Happy (different) Thanksgiving, Sue Visser

To help you out here are the starting times of each presentation on the recorded video. Just use the slider to fast forward to the presentation you want to watch

12:00 (12 minutes in) - ‘Tracing Scottish Ancestors on Ancestry’ by Kirsty Wilkinson

57:00 (57 minutes in) - ‘Highlights from the Highland Archive Service’ by Lorna Steele

1:59:00 (1 hour 59 minutes in) 'Scottish Marriage: Instantly Buckled for Life' by Chris Paton

3:10:00 (3 hours 10 minutes in) ‘Using Scottish Asylum Records’ by Emma Maxwell

3:54:00 (3 hours and 54 minutes in) 'Genealogy in the Glasgow City Archives' by Dr Irene O'Brien

5:00:00 (5 hours in) Genealogy Q&A hosted by Graham and Emma Maxwell

5:57:00 (5hours and 57 minutes in) 'Fife Family History Society' by Ali Murray

6:35:00 (6 hours and 35 minutes in) ‘Using DNA To Solve Adoption and Unknown Parentage Mysteries’ by Michelle Leonard

These were the speakers yesterday:

'Scottish Marriage: Instantly Buckled for Life' by Chris Paton, genealogist at www.scotlandsgreateststory.co.uk and author of ‘Tracing Your Scottish Ancestry through Church and State Records’, available here.\

'Genealogy in the Glasgow City Archives' by Dr Irene O'Brien, senior archivist at Glasgow City Archives.

‘Highlights from the Highland Archive Service’ by Lorna Steele, of the Highland Archive Centre.

‘Tracing Scottish Ancestors on Ancestry’ by Kirsty Wilkinson, genealogist and author of 'Finding Your Scottish Ancestors: Techniques for Solving Genealogy Problems'.

‘Using Scottish Asylum Records’ by Emma Maxwell, Genealogist at Scottish Indexes.

‘Using DNA To Solve Adoption and Unknown Parentage Mysteries’ by Michelle Leonard of Genes & Genealogy, co-author of ‘Tracing Your Ancestors Using DNA: A Guide for Family Historians’, available here.

'Fife Family History Society' by Ali Murray, Chair of Fife Family Society.

Genealogy Q&A hosted by Graham and Emma Maxwell