Re: Roll Call ?

Carolyn Harmon

Hi Diane: Thank you for all your work with the group! I have wonderful memories of our get togethers in Ontario and Islay. My gr-grandfather, John McNabb was born on Islay in 1842. He immigrated to Ontario before 1865. His sister, Martha married Archibald Currie in Glasgow in 1866. (Arch was also from Islay.) Their daughter, Kate, was born in January 1867 and supposedly learned to walk on the ship to Ontario about 1869. A "cousin" just helped me locate their brother, Colin, who also eventually ended up in Ontario with their parents, John and Cathrine. Before living in Port Ellen, John and Cathrine lived in Ballychatrigan and Lyrabus. I believe John's parents were Alexander McNabb and Martha Campbell. Not sure about Cathrine.
     John's and Martha's families both ended up in Chicago and many members are buried there. Colin and the parents died in Ontario. This is John and his wife Margaret Galloway (born in Ontario). I assume this is their son, John, although they had a daughter, Martha, first.
image.png
Carolyn Harmon

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 12:41 AM Diane Rogers <diane_rogers@...> wrote:

Hi, everyone.

There are now 177 of us here. Would you like to start a roll call? Just the Islay people's names and places you are interested in.

I am thinking we can also build up a database for the people we are researching.

We can post images too - however - there is an overall size limit for images on free lists here. So be cautious and resize them, please.  I would love to see photos of those we know came from Islay, if we have them.