Re: Sinclair tree of Jack Puttenham's Islay ancestry chart

Embleton House

I am so glad you told me this. I am having the same problem multiple files all created in Family tree maker for past 35 years and I do no know how to intergrade them to one file. Nor did I know what program to seek out capable of doing that. Is it expensive? My niece uses ancestry but they always want money of course. OK I am off to look at your file now.

Sincerely

Faith

Embleton House B&B

Licence # 009-002809

5203 52 Street

Yellowknife, NT.

Canada, X1A 1T8

Ph: 1-867-873-2892 Ext: 0

Ph: Toll free in North America: 1-888-909-5203

Fax: 1-867-873-4927

From: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chas Houston
Sent: June 15, 2020 4:13 AM
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Islay]Sinclair tree of Jack Puttenham's Islay ancestry chart

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the info and the correction.

Sorry, as per my reply to Flora, I should have read the report generated by my genealogy program
more closely.

I have John Campbell  died 1834, most likely from a family member,  and I have no DOB for him just an "abt 1783" and my report generator took that as the actual date of birth of death and calcuated an age for him based on 1783, He could have been any age probably between 50 and 65.

In case it may help others using Famliy Tree Maker:-

I have over 250,000 folk in my family trees database and unfortunately I have had to change genealogy tree programs to cope with the large numbers and lost many sources in the transistions due to each programs differences in the GED file info they could cope with. I am currently using Rootsmagic which is the only program which would take in a native Family Tree Maker ".ftm"  file, the FTM program having given up on trying to create large GED files.

Regards

Charles MacFadyen Houston b 1943 Govan.

With my main Islay connections as:- McFadyen, Taylor,  Beaton, McArthur, Carmichael &  McLachlan.

Charles,

This long tree ties together several mini-trees I have been working on for decades.  I want to be very careful before making any merges.
Please advise the List of your source(s) for this information.
One initial question is in the snipped section below, specifically " John CAMPBELL ... was born in 1768. He was born about 1783 ... He died in 1834 at the age of 51."  Which is the correct birth year?
By the way, Chinguacousy (no q) is in Peel County.
Ken Harrison

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.