Re: Campbell tree from Jack Puttenham's Islay ancestry chart

Flora MacAffer

Thank you.

Flora - in sunny Islay.

From: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io> on behalf of Chas Houston <cmcfhouston@...>
Sent: 14 June 2020 18:29
To: Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io <Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Islay] Campbell tree from Jack Puttenham's Islay ancestry chart

Hi Flora,

Sorry. I should have read the report generated by my genealogy program
more closely.

Dugald died bef April 1851 and my report generator took that as the date
of death and calcuated an age for him based on 1851, Seems he died
between June 1841 and April 1851 at Giol.

Thank you for the DOB corrections.

I used Alexander Campbell's place of birth as given as "the Oa" on the
1851 & 1861 Censuses.

I see he later gave it as Campeltown on the 1871 Census where he is a
farmer at Killeyan, Oa. I have changed his POB  to Campeltown.

Regards from sunny Scotland

Charles - Edinburgh.