Re: Roll Call -- Gillespie, Bell, McGillivray, White or Whyte, McDermid, Heyman

Chris MacDougall

Hi Russ,

The username is helloplanet2000. You took the Big Y test as well? I also took a Big Y test and have found that most of my close matches are actually MacLeans (various spellings).

I do have autosomal matches with McDougalls on Jura back to the early 1700s, so my MacLean overlap likely happens before any established records. Still, it is fun to learn more.

All the best,

Chris

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 9:07 PM Russ McGillivray <russmcgillivray@...> wrote:

Chris,

As it happens, my closest Y DNA match (Y700 test)  is with a descendant of the Jura McGillivrays, but the match is so far in the past that it was before they got to Jura.

Russ