Re: Roll Call -- Gillespie, Bell, McGillivray, White or Whyte, McDermid, Heyman

Jeanette Kennedy

Hi Dorothy,
Thanks for connecting! I'd love to know your source for Catherine Bell being the daughter of Duncan Bell and Mary Sinclair. Is it a birth or baptism record?

There are a lot of trees on Ancestry.com that claim Duncan Bell and Mary McIntyre as parents with no proof cited or linked. Maybe there is a birth or baptism record no one has in their tree? They do seem to think she was born about 1802. I think these trees are in error, however, as they got her birth of 1802 from an 1851 Canadian census and I have her in Scotland still for the 1851 census. So I don't believe these trees.

I found a possible baptism for a Catherine Bell Jan 13, 1805 parents John Bell and Catherine McNiven. Age is about right given later census.

Any additional insights about your Duncan Bell and Mary Sinclair would be much appreciated!!  My email is jkc_kennedy@....

Thanks, Jeanette