From: Sharee Hughes
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2020 12:30 AM
To: Islay@scotland-genealogy.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Islay] Mysteries and other novels set on Islay?

Okay, everyone, you might want to read this book. I ordered it this afternoon for my Kindle and I've read about a third of it. But I have to quit nwo and go to bed. Interesting read.

I write mysteries myself, so enjoy reading them as well.

Thanks again, Diane, for mentioning this book.

Sharee

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 3:33 PM M. Diane Rogers <diane_rogers@...> wrote:

I just noticed a mystery book set on Islay - The Peat Dead by by Allan Martin. I think I'll read this one.

And I know of another - Above Suspicion by The Mulgray Twins. Has anyone read either?

Are there other #fiction books we could be reading to learn more about Islay? Past and present.

Not off topic as a review said The Peat Dead was " so redolent of its island setting that you practically smell the peat and whisky on the pages.” – Douglas Skelton". Seems good for these isolated and distanced days.

Hoping you and yours are all well. Take care everyone.
Diane
M. Diane Rogers