Roll Call

Anne Goeden

Lamont and Currie

My ancestor was Coll Lamont born c. 1786.  Was born in Portnellan ( Portneilan).  On the census of 1851 Kilmeny occupation listed as dancing master.  Emigrated to Ontario late 1851 settling first in Chinguacousy, Peel, and then to Saugeen Township, Bruce County by 1854.  He died in 1861. Coll Lamont's parents were Donald Lamont and Janet McEachern or McKechnie.  His siblings were John, Godfrey, Mary, Gilbert and Archibald.  Children of Coll Lamont and Mary Currie were Mary, Gilbert, Donald, Janet and Flora.

Coll's wife was Mary Currie ( 1794-1877)  She had a brother Donald Currie who had emigrated in the 1830s to Chinguacousy and also to Saugeen in 1854.  His wife was Sarah ( Marion) Campbell also from Islay.  His children were Flora, John, Dugald, Catharine, Alex, George, Janet, Donald, Colin, Lachlan, Neil, Mary Anne

Donald Currie and Mary Currie were siblings.  I have an obit for them ( they both died in March of 1877) and both are buried in Sanctuary Park, Port Elgin.  I do not know who their other siblings were or their parents.

Anne Goeden