Re: Donald McDuffie and Islay

Iain Brown

Justin,

I have a number of McDuffies in my tree and (in case you haven’t come across it already) there is a 1841 census record for your Donald in Cornabus, with his mother and four older sisters, Marion, Eliza, Bell (Isobel) and Catherine.  Donald is described as a tax man and, aged 22, he was the head of the household.

Cheers,

Iain Brown

On 18 Apr 2020, at 18:08, Donald McDuffie and Family <jebaer1@...> wrote:

I am trying to learn more about my second great-grandfather, Donald McDuffie (16 April 1814 to 25 January 1892. I believe he was born in Cornabus and I know emigrated to Canada, where he died in Markdale, Ontario.  I believe his parents were John McDuffie and Diana Campbell. Donald arrived in Canada about 1849.

I know Donald McDuffie served as a postmaster in Markdale which was named Cornabus, after the hometown of Donald(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdale,_Ontario).

I have attached the only photo I have of Donald McDuffie which was taken in Canada.

Does anyone have any connections or information about Donald McDuffie or his parents John McDuffie and Diana Campbell?

<Donald and Sarah MacDuff_ie_ _1_.jpg>
Thanks much,

Justin Baer