Re: Archibald Currie Family (Roll Call?)

John Kemplen

The Gaelic surname MacMhuirich went through several stages of Anglicisation, becoming McVurich, McCurrie and Currie.  They are all the same name really.

On 18/04/2020 17:12, Janice McClelland wrote:
Hi Lois - I don't think i have anything for you. I have 3 Archibald Curries in my tree, one of which was born in 1840 and married a Flora, but she was a Campbell born in Scotland. They moved to Canada (Simcoe Co) as a family. I haven't a Flora Galbraith born in CA.

Wayne's 3x ggm was a Mary Currie (1787-1862) whose parents were Donald Currie (1760-1840) and Ann McEachern.  I haven't been able to ascertain Donald's siblings, if any, or his parents. The only info I've found lately from another tree shows Donald's father as Ivar McVurich. There's no explanation for the name change so I haven't added this to my tree. Didn't mean to digress but where I was going with that thought was that Donald may have been a great-uncle to your Archibald. Sorry that I'm not able to follow that line at all to see if that's even a remote possibility.