Re: Archibald Currie Family (Roll Call?)

Sharee Hughes

I also have an Archibald Curie born on Islay in 1820 (father also Archibald, born 1795). He moved to Ontario and married Ann Gillespie there in 1845. They ad a daughter, FLora, my great-grandmother, born in 1861 and married Thomas Charles Preston in 1882. Do these match with any of your Archibalds?

Sharee

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 10:12 AM Janice McClelland <jan.mcclelland888@...> wrote:
Hi Lois - I don't think i have anything for you. I have 3 Archibald Curries in my tree, one of which was born in 1840 and married a Flora, but she was a Campbell born in Scotland. They moved to Canada (Simcoe Co) as a family. I haven't a Flora Galbraith born in CA.

Wayne's 3x ggm was a Mary Currie (1787-1862) whose parents were Donald Currie (1760-1840) and Ann McEachern.  I haven't been able to ascertain Donald's siblings, if any, or his parents. The only info I've found lately from another tree shows Donald's father as Ivar McVurich. There's no explanation for the name change so I haven't added this to my tree. Didn't mean to digress but where I was going with that thought was that Donald may have been a great-uncle to your Archibald. Sorry that I'm not able to follow that line at all to see if that's even a remote possibility.