Re: Roll Call ?

J LOCHRIDGE

Hello Michael,
I am descended from a Mary Sinclair  1775 - 1853 who married Alexander Campbell.  Her father was John Sinclair b abt 1740 married to Catherine McCuaig abt 1755-1811.
I looked at our shared DNA M645852, the biggest porttion was only 4cms on CHR 12.  Interestingly when I look at my DNA links on DNA painter I find that I have links from <1m - 12M as Campbell/Sinclairs.  And you fit within that larger portion.  Hope that makes some kind of sense to you.  As I am not expert on the tehn terms.
Unfortunately an error came up on M143149  My Ged No is A768704.
Let me know what you think
Johan

On Sunday, 12 April 2020, 06:38:11 BST, mj.collins@... <mj.collins@...> wrote:

Hi,
My name is Michael Collins. I live in New Zealand. I have been researching my family from Islay since the mid 1990s. My family from Isaly are:

Duncan Sinclair and Margaret MacDougall. Their son: Duncan Sinclair (1782-1879) of Oa who married Mary MacGibbon (1800-91) daughter of Hector MacGibbon and Janet Blue.

Duncan and Mary Sinclair's son John Sinclair( 1835-1932) migrated to New Zealand in 1860. He is my GG Grandfather.

My DNA profile is on Gedmatch: M645852 and M143149. I also have a presence on FTDNA and 23andme.com. I have family trees on Ancestry.com and Myheritage.com.

I look forward to connecting with potential distant cousins with an aim of making some headway in our shared heritage which I am sure most on this site will admit is challenging.

Kind regards

Michael