From: "Paul MacAuley" <pmacauley@...>
To: "Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io" <Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, 19 Feb, 2020 At 03:30
Subject: Re: [Islay] McAulays

Hi Mike,
Just out of curiosity, where are you located. I live in the state of Idaho, USA. (Not that it makes any difference.) I could not find Duncan in the 1851 census either. I mentioned this to a friend I had made in Scotland through the research I was doing and he provided me with what I sent to you. I got the information from Ancestry. I don't know why it's not on ScotlandsPeople.

I still haven't figured out what happened to Duncan. I'm assuming that he emigrated somewhere, maybe Australia or New Zealand. If he stayed in Scotland there should be some record. I haven't found any records about Duncan beyond the 1861 census and it doesn't make sense.
If I find anything, I'll let you know
Paul