Re: Roll Call ?

John Kemplen

Hi all,

Happy to share my info in case a roll call is set up.

Names of interest are McKellar, Campbell, McLugash, McArthur.

People moved around a lot; places include Kilbrannan (near Daill), Torrabus, Tighnaspeur (a.k.a. Sky House, in Kildalton parish but nowhere near anywhere), Ardilistry, Cnocrhaonisdale, Trudernish, Proaig, Ayen, Kilchiaran and, most recently, Auchnaclach between Keills and Ballygrant.

Ancestors of both grandmother and grandfather moved to Islay (separately) in the 1840s, when many people were moving out.

Regards

John

On 22/01/2020 06:41, Diane Rogers wrote:

Hi, everyone.

There are now 177 of us here. Would you like to start a roll call? Just the Islay people's names and places you are interested in.

I am thinking we can also build up a database for the people we are researching.

We can post images too - however - there is an overall size limit for images on free lists here. So be cautious and resize them, please.  I would love to see photos of those we know came from Islay, if we have them.