Re: Roll Call - McAulay/McCalman

Allan Moore

Thanks for this Mike

Just FYI, Dow is an alternative to McCalman.

If you come across any Kennedy connections in your search, please let me know?

Regards
Allan

On Jan 28, 2020, at 17:28, mearnsmg@... via Groups.Io <mearnsmg@...> wrote:

Hi Harry, Allan,

I have been "researching" my GGrandmother Jane McAulay, born Portnahaven 1828. I have come across a couple of links with the McCalmans. A Mary McAulay married a Hugh McCalman on 27/12/1838, Mary died on 23/8/1893 her death registered by a niece Mary Dow??. I believe Hugh died before the 1851 Census.

Also, a Donald McCalman married a Mary McAulay, there were, at least 2 children Charles (b 5/8/1872) and Duncan (b 22/1/1874) both born at Carnain, Kilarrow. Both their birth records state that Donald & Mary married on 3/10/1871 in Greenock (I assume Renfrewshire), but I have not found a marriage record to get their respective parents.

Regards

Mike Mearns, Kent England