Re: Roll Call - McAulay/McCalman

Allan Moore

Thanks for this Mike

Just FYI, Dow is an alternative to McCalman. 

If you come across any Kennedy connections in your search, please let me know?

Regards
Allan

On Jan 28, 2020, at 17:28, mearnsmg@... via Groups.Io <mearnsmg@...> wrote:

Hi Harry, Allan,

I have been "researching" my GGrandmother Jane McAulay, born Portnahaven 1828. I have come across a couple of links with the McCalmans. A Mary McAulay married a Hugh McCalman on 27/12/1838, Mary died on 23/8/1893 her death registered by a niece Mary Dow??. I believe Hugh died before the 1851 Census.

Also, a Donald McCalman married a Mary McAulay, there were, at least 2 children Charles (b 5/8/1872) and Duncan (b 22/1/1874) both born at Carnain, Kilarrow. Both their birth records state that Donald & Mary married on 3/10/1871 in Greenock (I assume Renfrewshire), but I have not found a marriage record to get their respective parents.

Regards

Mike Mearns, Kent England

------ Original Message ------
To: Islay@scotland-genealogy.groups.io
Sent: Sunday, 26 Jan, 2020 At 18:05
Subject: Re: [Islay] Roll Call

Hi Harry

I have the same interests as you, as my paternal G—Grandparent was a McCalman. There seems to be a lot of confusion when I go back as there is confusion in that line between McAulay and Kennedy!

I will do a little information straightening out so I can put the problem on paper to forward it to you.
My DNA test revealed that my closest relative is a Kennedy and I have no written record of the link.

Thanks
Allan

On Jan 26, 2020, at 09:17, harry mccalman <mccdallas@...> wrote:

Hi All My interests are McCalman, MacAuley, Dow all of Loch Gruinart Area
Regards HJD McCalman

Join Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.