Re: PAF software

Ken Harrison

I’d appreciate some advice from others who have gone before me on this.  I have resisted upgrading from Win7 out of fear that some (all?) of my old software would not work under Win10.

I’m being forced to make the move now, and wonder about PAF5.

I know that it is no longer available, and is not supported, and has not been replaced with anything else, so …

Have any of you found that it will/won’t operate under Win10?

If not, what is the best alternative, given that I will need to import all my data on over 29,000 persons?  I know in the past that some of the popular knock-offs did not support all the fields in PAF (birth and Bap, death & burial, etc).

Any general advice?  I’m sure several others are in a similar situation …

Ken Harrison

North Vancouver, Canada