Re: Roll Call ?

Anne Farrar

Hi

I am Anne (McNabb) Farrar. My ancestors from Islay were tenants in the Oa. Andrew and Catherine (McMath) McNabb were born in the 1770’s and married at Kildalton in February of 1802. In 1830 2 of their elder sons Andrew and Duncan arrived in Canada and in 1832 they took up land in Oro Township, Simcoe County Ontario. Over the next 20 years a total of 6 sons and a daughter all moved to Oro Township. Most of the children had married in Islay and some had several children when they arrived in Canada.

Surnames include McNabb, McMath (Matheson), McEachern, Morrison, Woodrow, McCuaig

Thanks, Anne

Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 1:41 AM
Subject: [Islay] Roll Call ?

Hi, everyone.

There are now 177 of us here. Would you like to start a roll call? Just the Islay people's names and places you are interested in.

I am thinking we can also build up a database for the people we are researching.

We can post images too - however - there is an overall size limit for images on free lists here. So be cautious and resize them, please.  I would love to see photos of those we know came from Islay, if we have them.

Diane

Join Islay@Scotland-Genealogy.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.