Re: Robert Donald Keith 1924-2010

J LOCHRIDGE

Thank you so much Sue.  I corresponded with Robert for a short timebefore he went into the nursing home.  He was steeped in Keith family history.  So many of them made the journey to Canada......I suspect that my 2X great grandmother just could not face making the journey and most of her family remained with her here in Scotland.  I am so pleased to get the attachments from you.
Cheers
Johan

On Sunday, 26 January 2020, 22:12:47 GMT, Sue Visser <genealgal2@...> wrote:

I well remember Robert Keith from Saskatchewan.  We met several times when
he drove to Ontario to attend Islay descendants' gatherings but also to
visit family who still lived in on the 'home' place.  He was self taught not
only on a computer but also typing so sometimes his correspondence could be
a bit challenging.  He loved sharing.  I admired his efforts.

I realized that I hadn't heard from him for months and started tracking him
down.  I managed to connect with his sister Wilma and was told he was in a
nursing home.  Robert and I chatted several times and he was hoping that he
would be able to soon have his computer where he was then living.  After
that I couldn't find him nor could I connect again with Wilma.

Reading Steffanie's post today reminded me again of Robert so I chased down
what could be found in Ancestry:

Name:    Robert Donald Keith
Gender:    Male
Death Age:    86
Birth Date:    1924
Birth Place:    Hazenmore, SK
Death Date:    30 Jul 2010
Death Place:    Weyburn, Saskatchewan
Burial Date:    8 Aug 2010
Burial Place:    Hazenmore, SK
Obituary Date:    4 Aug 2010
Parents:    George Keith; Florence Keith
Siblings:
Marguerite Keith
Eileen Hind
Isobel Haase
John Keith
Wilma Wilson

With this new site, I can now share what is found in "A History of Egremont,
While We Still Remember, 1840-1983".  My first post with attachments so I
hope it works well.

Happy hunting!!
Sue McCuaig Visser