Robert Donald Keith 1924-2010

Sue Visser

I well remember Robert Keith from Saskatchewan. We met several times when he drove to Ontario to attend Islay descendants' gatherings but also to visit family who still lived in on the 'home' place. He was self taught not only on a computer but also typing so sometimes his correspondence could be a bit challenging. He loved sharing. I admired his efforts.

I realized that I hadn't heard from him for months and started tracking him down. I managed to connect with his sister Wilma and was told he was in a nursing home. Robert and I chatted several times and he was hoping that he would be able to soon have his computer where he was then living. After that I couldn't find him nor could I connect again with Wilma.

Reading Steffanie's post today reminded me again of Robert so I chased down what could be found in Ancestry:

Name: Robert Donald Keith
Gender: Male
Death Age: 86
Birth Date: 1924
Birth Place: Hazenmore, SK
Death Date: 30 Jul 2010
Death Place: Weyburn, Saskatchewan
Burial Date: 8 Aug 2010
Burial Place: Hazenmore, SK
Obituary Date: 4 Aug 2010
Parents: George Keith; Florence Keith
Siblings:
Marguerite Keith
Eileen Hind
Isobel Haase
John Keith
Wilma Wilson

With this new site, I can now share what is found in "A History of Egremont, While We Still Remember, 1840-1983". My first post with attachments so I hope it works well.

Happy hunting!!
Sue McCuaig Visser