Re: Roll Call

DixieAC <DixieAC@...>

So, better details.

I’m Dixie Cutler and live in Surrey, BC. I have been researching since 1998 and discovered — among other things — that I do have Islay ancestry although there is NO truth to the tale that my grandfather’s mother-in-law once owned Islay!

Here is what is true:

Colin McCaig, my GG grandfather, born, illegitimate, Bowmore 18 Aug 1831, married 15 Jul 1859 in Pollockshaws, Renfrew, died there 21 Jan 1867

Lachlan McCaig, his father, born Bowmore, 2 Aug 1809, died Colonsay 28 Sep 1889. Colin's mother was Catherine McArthur “native of Kildalton” died before 1859.

Lachlan’s parents were Alexander McCaig (McCaog, McCowaig) born 1761, died 8 Aug, 1843, kill arrow and Florence/Flora McNeil born 1776, died 1836 Killarrow.

Parents of Alexander could be John McCaog & Janet McDougall.
Parents for Flora could be Duncan McNeil and Ann McLennan.

I’m enjoying the GedMatch info but — so far — I ( A650732) am related nobody!
I have public tree on ancestry: Bower Family Tree

Dixie Bower Cutler