Re: Roll Call ?

Cas Houston <cmcfhouston@...>

Hi,
I keep a lot of Islay families on my website at www.chouston.f2s.com.
My Islay ancestors include McFadyen, McArthur, McIntyre, Carmichael, Beaton, Taylor and McLachlan.
Good luck with your research.
Charles MacFadyen Houston

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020, 4:18 pm heather beausoleil, <beausoleilh@...> wrote:
Hi,
My Islay connections are:

Archibald McIntyre(1795 -1867) md. Catherine McEachern (1801-1876) lived in Kilchoman. He worked as a miller.  Immigrated about 1855 to Oro Township, Simcoe County, Ontario.

Edward Turner (1800-1872) md. Isobella Campbell( 1805-1885) children born in Kilmeny. Immigrated to Oro Township, Simcoe County 1832.

Hugh Campbell (1825- 1904) md. 1851 Rachel McLeod ( McCuaig). Hugh was from Scarabus and worked as a tailor. Hugh’s mother may have been a Sinclair. Rachel may have been from Port Ellen. They lived in Kildalton before immigrating to Victoria County, Ontario @ 1866 later to Oro, Township, Simcoe County, Ontario.

Thanks,
Heather Campbell Beausoleil

Hi, everyone.

There are now 177 of us here. Would you like to start a roll call? Just the Islay people's names and places you are interested in.

I am thinking we can also build up a database for the people we are researching.

We can post images too - however - there is an overall size limit for images on free lists here. So be cautious and resize them, please.  I would love to see photos of those we know came from Islay, if we have them.

Diane ._,_._,_